Etsy

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bella Shadow box

Since my move, I've been going through box after box finding so many things and wondering what to do with it all. Through my clutter I found a shadowbox I bought from IKEA years ago. Since I wanted some more of my art around the house I decided to do something with it. I first covered the edges of the box with vintage pages, and wiped some blue paint on all of the pages. I then stamped it using my checker stamp in gold, and made black and white squares on the front. I took the cardboard frame and painted it a light pink. At this point I really had no idea how it was going to turn out. I just wanted to add layers, and hoped something would look right. After I painted it pink I decided to stamp it with my new word stamp. It looked really blah and I wanted to cover it up, but I didn't know with what. I started spraying different inks on it trying to make it look vintagey.....and I actually liked what I was seeing. I blotted it with a paper towel and kept spraying and blotting until I liked it. I framed the cardboard frame with vintage german paper and added some fun pieces I had collected for projects like this. I of course knew which picture I wanted in the frame. We had dressed Bella in an old bonnet and dress that I wore when I was a baby. She looked so adorable in it, and looked exactly as I did when I was her age. I placed the picture in hot water for about 15 seconds, and took some sand paper to it around the edges to give it an older feel. I added a little more paint and stamps, and I was done!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic color combinations. I really like the crown and heart at the top.

    ReplyDelete